We are proud to offer pre-paid returns on items able to ship via UPS within 30 days of receipt. Oversize and freight items are excluded from the pre-paid returns offer. To arrange a return:
- Please contact our customer service department, and a return shipping label will be sent to you via email within 5 business days
- Simply apply the label to your package and take it to your nearest UPS pick-up center. The email we send you will include the addresses of the closest three locations for your convenience
- We strive to refund you as quickly as possible. In most cases, a refund will be issued once the package is received. Some larger items or returns of orders of larger quantities may need to be inspected before a refund may be processed
- International shipments are not eligible for prepaid returns. Customers outside the U.S. are responsible for all return shipping costs and fees on items approved for return.
Products returned are to have all original packaging, including all papers, parts and associated pieces. The items are to be un-installed, in new condition, with no clipped wires or missing hardware. If a returned item is determined to be in non-sellable condition, you may be responsible for the costs of that item, including return shipping fees.
The following is considered merchandise manufacturers will not accept returns on:
- Any item that is marked as nonreturnable
- Any custom made or custom built fixture
- Clearance items, custom quotes, special discounts, and orders of 10 or more units
- Any item that is not in resell condition
- Any item not in its original box with original packaging materials and assembly instructions
- Light bulbs, parts and shades
- Any item without the correct RMA number written on a separate sheet taped to the box
No Restocking Fees
As Lighting Experts, we understand that sometimes you just don't know if the light is going to work until you open the box and see it in person. And while we want you to be happy with your purchase the first time, we also want you to be happy when you come back too. That's why we have completely eliminated restocking fees at LightingNewYork.com and all of our affiliated sites. You are only responsible for return shipping for any item not covered under our Risk Free brands. Ask your Lighting Expert for details, or for any help you may need choosing the right lighting for you.
Please note, items returned without authorization, returned to the incorrect location or returned in damaged or unsellable condition may still be subject to additional fees deducted from your refund or no refund able to be issued.
Refunds will be issued upon inspection of the returned item. The product will be inspected and as long as it is in new condition, received in its original packaging, and sent to the correct warehouse, you will be issued the refund you are due, less any applicable fees or handling charges.
If a returned item is determined to be not in "As New" condition, it will be subject to additional fees being deducted from the credit or credit may be denied completely.
Returns made outside of this stated policy may be subject to shipping and restocking fees depending on the situation. Items returned outside of this policy will be for store credit only, we are unable to refund on items returned outside of the 30 day return policy.
In the event that an item is damaged in transit, we will do everything we can to resolve the matter immediately. When items are shipped by UPS or FedEx, we must contact them within 48 hours to ensure a quick, free of charge resolution. Upon inspecting the merchandise, please contact us by calling our toll free number (866)344-3875 or through email noting what was damaged, so that we can assist you immediately and expedite a new item right away.
For larger items that are shipped via freight carrier, you must inspect the item on site, and mark any noticeable defects on the bill of lading. Once you do so, please call our toll free number right away so we can file a claim with the carrier and expedite a replacement immediately.
In the rare event of a manufacturer defect, we again ask you to call our toll free number with a detailed explanation of the problem or issue. A member of our customer relations staff will instruct you on how to go about getting your item replaced, or getting the correct parts expedited from the manufacturer.
Photos are required to process most damage claims and we may be unable to process your request without photos. Take a digital photo of the damaged or defective item for your records and e-mail us a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Damages or defects reported after 30 days will be subject to review and will be available for replacement only, subject to the manufacturer's warranty.
We reserve the right to charge or invoice you for any item not returned which we have provided prepaid return labels for.